Loome Book Contributors, thank you again for being part of this wonderful project. The editor, Cristina Garces and I are now digging into the content and design. So here are updates.
To download an updated reference, click here.
NEXT STEPS & TIME LINE
- By end of week of 2/6: Submit photo or sketch of your project so I'll have the opportunity to review it with the editor on 2/13.
- Project Parameter: Scroll down.
- On Mon 2/13: Will provide feedback from editor.
- Between 2/14 to 2/26: Edit or revise project as needed.
- By 2/27: Fill out project details here. Note: This is not final, you may edit in March as we continue to edit the content.
- By 2/27: Mail in project - email V with your mailing address, weight, package size for label (please note for some, multiple versions/colors of your project may be good for photography - I will let you know as I work with the editor).
WHAT TO MAKE
If you're not quite sure yet what to make, we have a lot of gaps still - see this list. I'm also happy to chat and brainstorm ideas.
The photographer and designer haven't been selected yet but the creative direction will be bright, modern, fun, high contrast, pastely. I'll continue to keep you posted. So as you finalize your projects, please keep this in mind.
We will be shipping the Big A tool model with the book. If you have a weaving project, please make sure you use this tool. For any other project, you can use any 5" tool because they will produce the same size poms, tass, etc.
If you need a tool, please let me know.
Please let me know when you're ready to ship and I will send you a label or comp you for the cost.
7412 Sunkist Drive
Oakland, CA 94605
+1 917 576 1168
FROM PREVIOUS EMAIL & POSTING
ABOUT THE BOOK & GOALS
ABBREVIATED TABLE OF CONTENT
I. Intro: Heritage of Small Fiber Crafts + About the Loome Tool
This book is for all crafters and makers, part essential reference, part fun and beautiful projects.
- Is considered a project that can be done by one or many.
- Unusual and uncommon.
- Fun and/or beautiful.
1. FRI 1/20/2017: SIGN AND EMAIL CONTRIBUTOR LEGAL RELEASE
Project Parameters: 1) reflecting your craft/expertise, 2) accessible and made with materials that readers can find or make, 3) incorporating a Loome tool creation into the project.
Depending on the complexity of your project and the need for instructions, we may need to show your projects in different stages for photography. I will work with you, through the book's editor, to determine this.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, DESIGNER AND PHOTOGRAPHER
OTHER AUTHORS UNDER THE ABRAMS CRAFT CATEGORY